Where Lancaster dogs come to play
We Need Your Help
The Overlook Dog Park depends on community enforcement of these rules. Dogs and Owners violating these rules may be asked to leave the area immediately. If you see someone violating these rules, please submit an incident report. Members, please know that if we receive three valid incident reports filed against you, your membership will be revoked. Please see our FAQs for further information.
Overlook Dog Park Rules
1. Use of this park is at your own risk.
2. Owners are liable for any injury/damages caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their actions.
3. Aggressive dogs are not allowed and must be controlled and or removed. Owners must immediately leash and remove from the park any dog showing aggression toward people or other dogs.
4. All dogs must be properly licensed and healthy. All dogs visiting the Dog Park must be current with their canine vaccinations including rabies vaccine. Dogs CANNOT have a contagious condition or disease. Dogs must be parasite-free.
5. Owner MUST clean up after their dogs. Plastic bags will be provided throughout the Dog Park.
6. No puppies under 16 weeks or 4 months of age are allowed. Dogs do not fully develop their immune systems until that age.
7. No dogs in heat are allowed.
8. Dogs must not be left unattended. Keep your dog within your sight at all times.
9. All Manheim Township leash laws apply OUTSIDE the fenced-in area. Inside the park, dogs may be off-leash. However, owners must carry a leash and keep their dog under voice control and within sight at all times.
10. No children under the age of 5 are allowed inside the fenced area. Children are NOT permitted to run with or chase after the dogs in the Dog Park. Children 5 through 12 years of age should be closely supervised. Babies and infants are NOT permitted, due to safety concerns.
11. Do NOT bring rawhide or other food (people or animal into the Dog Park as these may cause dogs to exhibit threatening behavior. You may bring small training treats.
12. Dogs that bark continually should be muzzled or removed. Out of respect for our neighbors, please DO NOT allow your dog to bark excessively.
13. Prevent your dog from digging or damaging natural resources. Fill any holes created by your dog's digging.
14. The small dog enclosure is for dogs under 30 pounds.
15. You must remove your dog's pronged or spiked collar before entering the dog park.
16. Smoking is not permitted in the Dog Park.
17. Please make sure the gates are closed and latched after use.
18. Dog toys that are of appropriate size and durability for your exercise area are allowed in the dog park, such as tennis balls, Frisbees, disc toys and Kong toys. Prohibited toys include, but are not limited to, squeaky toys and tug toys. All children's toys are strictly prohibited. Toys cannot be stored at the park.
19. Overlook Dog Park maintains a carry in/carry out policy. Please remove what you bring for each visit, including toys.